Excellent presentation that covered items such as:
- Opensource Opencourseware Prototype System voluntarily translating courseware such as MITs open coursware
- TUFTS, Indian Institutes of Technologies, National Repository for Online Courses (NROC) Commons
- December 2007 Cape Town Open Education Declaration http://www.capetowndeclaration.org
- Israel starts first free online university
- “Google Sky”
- The complete works of Darwin and Shakespeare are now online (MIT, Google).
- “Ustream” allows stream presentation, can advertise link on Twitter, put on blog, capture large audience.
- Queen and Dalai Lamause Youtube, President Twitters.
- “Global Nomads Group” – students talk with other students, use with “Dot Sub” to put subtitles on.
- “Scribd” is like youtube for docments, one of the top 150 websites in world, people can comment on.
- LibraryThink, online book/library club
- “Voxopop” threaded audio discussions.
Worth looking up the course notes on this one. Has a free online book http://worldisopen.com/
Slides at TrainingShare.com
Papers at PublicationShare.com