(Keynote speaker at the LAMS 2009 conference)
- Emphasis on research as part of the tertiary learning experience
- Gaps in the role of technology as a means of integrating research, teaching and learning.
- Desirable outcomes of tertiary ed include “critical being” (Barnett) “epistemic fluency” (Goodyear) – “different ways of thinking about creating new knowledge” Goodyear and Ellis (2007, Teaching as design)
- Self-authorship – intrapersonal, interpersonal, and epistemological (google for these terms to find research paper)
- Providing students with the opportunity to frame and pursue their own inquiry.
- LAMS as a tool for supporting student inquiry, allowing students to design and manage their own inquiry processes
- Four modes of inquiry (imagine graph):AB Producing BB Authoring
AA Identifying BA Pursuing
Excellent paper – should get slides!