Some good resources for 21st Century teacher professional development, courtesy of Ken Kay:
- Autor, David H., Frank Levy, and Richard J. Murnane. “The Skill Content of Recent Technological Change: An Empirical Exploration.” Quarterly Journal of Economics, no. 118 (2003): 1279-1334.
- Bransford, John, Ann Brown, and Rodney Cocking. How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School. National Academies Press, 2000.
- Darling-Hammond, Linda. Powerful Teacher Education: Lessons from Exemplary Programs. San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- Duncan, Arne. “Teacher preparation: Reforming the uncertain profession.” New York: Remarks presented at Teachers College, Columbia University, October 22, 2009.
- Levine, Arthur. Educating School Teachers. Washington, D.C.: Education Schools Project, 2006.
- McTighe, Jay, and Grant Wiggins. Understanding by Design, 2nd Ed. ASCD, 2005.
- Miller, M. Teaching for a New World: Preparing High School Educators to Deliver College- and Career-Ready Instruction. Policy Brief, Washington, D.C.: Alliance for Excellent Education, 2009.
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills. 21st Century Skills, Education & Competitiveness.
Partnership for 21st Century Skills, 2008.