First speaker John Hedberg “New times, new tools, but has the emperor got clothes?”
- Knowledge Navigator predicitive video created by Steve Jobs 25 years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGYFEI6uLy0
- What happens on the internet in a minutes Intel: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/communications/internet-minute-infographic.html
- John outlines a “process an app”, and “atomised support” slides that relate processes and ipad apps (worth getting a copy of these). Second is Cathy Schrock
- ipad apps – tappestry, Paper by 53
- Jenkins et al 2009, Digital literacies include play, performance, simulation, appropriation, rapid task shifting, distributed cognition.
Keynote by Grainne Conole
- Video with contemporary statistics on the impact of social media: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQzsQkMFgHE
- Book: What you really need to know about the internet – From Gutenburg to Zuckerberg
- Open University Open University Learning Design Initiative (OULDI) Carpe Diem at Leicter combined forces to create the 7C’s framework: Conceptualis, Capture, Create, Communicate, Collaborate, Consider, Consolidate
Learning Design Symposium 1
- “Bridging the gap between the theory and practice of advanced pedagogies and teacher collaboration” Eva Dobozy – a great paper comparing different definitions of learning design and the research orientations (pedagogical, technical) of different papers from all LAMS conferences. Worth looking up.
- “Learning and design with online real-time collaboration” | Michael Stevenson & John G. Hedberg. Analysis of collaborative writing with deBono’s hats assigned as roles (assigning roles, Alternatives, benefits, limitations, feelings, organisation, white).
Daniel Churchill – Mobile Learning
- Developing Apps from Learning Objects. Developed a taxonomy of Apps.
- RASE model of learning design – Resources, Activity, Support, Evaluation
- Working on a mobile device that tracks eye movement